Tips necessary for a long lasting marriage
* Continue to build intimacy — both sexually and emotionally — throughout your marriage.
* Create passion for life and for one another.
* Forgive one another. Don’t hang on to past baggage and past hurts. Be willing to let go and to move forward with your lives.
* Continue to be committed to each other and celebrate your sense of commitment.
* Like one another and be friends with each other.
* Have fun together, laugh together, and use humor in healthy ways.
* Comfort, encourage, and affirm one another.
* Be able to stand on your own feet as a couple and not be dependent either financially or emotionally on either of your parents.
* Respect one another’s need for privacy and space.
* Parent together.
* Deal with a crisis and adversity together.
* Fight fair.
* Accept your differences and don’t try to change your spouse.
* Keep romance alive in your marriage.