“Most of the couples put their effort & times on preparing their WEDDING but not on the MARRIAGE itself”…so hopefully this TIPS on MARRIAGE will help , insyaAllah…
“What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how
compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility so ENJOY & CHERISH this journey called MARRIAGE”!
- Common courtesy plays a big role in happy marriages. People who are permanently married are polite to one another. They don’t want to hurt one another’s feelings, and they don’t try to make the other one feel humiliated. People who are married for life are extremely kind to one another.
- Arguments are a natural part of any relationship, but cruelty is not. Above all, happily married partners see each other as allies, not as adversaries.
- You can’t be right and married at the same time. If you’re trying to be right and prove your partner wrong, you’ve stepped outside the marriage.
- To go without sex is to endanger the relationship. It’s very easy to build up an incest taboo in a marriage. If you go without sex, your instincts recognize this person as part of the family but cease to recognize the person as a sex partner. The response can kick in surprisingly quickly – in as little as six weeks. People make a terrible mistake in being angry with their marriage partner and cutting them off sexually as a way of arousing great passion. It used to work in the ninth grade. But it doesn’t work in the ninth decade.
- Caressing and contact is always a good thing. The great thing about sex at this age is it ceases to be great, and it becomes funny. It feels good, but you never know what’s going to work and what’s not. Which brings up another trait that long-lasting marriage partners often share: a sense of humor.
- Humor is vital, but it is vital to be happy, too. A happy marriage is a marriage between two happy people.
- There’s no point battling age in yourself or in your partner. No one has ever won.
Love & Peace…